Are you a foodie? You keep peeping in the kitchen for new recipes or you dream of working in a luxury kitchen cooking the world-class cuisine? Do you like communication and traveling? Then you are on the right page because this blog is all about “Hotel Management Courses”. We have also mentioned the possibilities you get after doing a course in hotel management. Besides that, we have highlighted the working of this field and ways how one can set his/her career in this glamorous yet highly competitive field.
What is Hotel Management – Course?
“Eat, Earn and Live – All About Hotel Management”
Hotel Management is an area of business expertise that includes food and beverage management, tourism management, accounting management and finance. In India where we believe a concept of “Attithi Devo Bhava” which means the guest is a manifestation of God. With this belief, the stream of hotel management strives hard where guest’s hospitality is being focused. To make this filed more refined and valuable, educational hotel management courses are done that covers wide topics like marketing, ecotourism, leisure, business administration, and management. These courses are designed in such a manner that covers the industrial as well as professional requirement.
Types of Hotel Management Courses In India
If you are really willing to make a career in this field then you have to pursue hotel management courses in India after 10th, 12th and graduation at UG, PG and diploma level. There are many hotel management courses available in India. The lists of courses are given below:
List Of Hotel Management Courses After 10th
Hotel management is a field which is not only giving higher earning even fame also. Student’s can choose this field after 10th as well. There are many short-term courses in hotel management after 10th which we have listed down below –
Hotel Management Diploma Courses After 10th
- Diploma in Food & Beverages Production
- Diploma in Hotel and Hospitality Management
- Diploma in Hotel Management and Catering Technology
- Diploma in Food and Catering Technology
- Diploma in Front Office Operations
For diploma, course candidates should be 10th or 12th passed out from a recognized board.
Hotel Management Certificate Courses After 10th
- Certificate in Food and Beverages Production
- Certificate in Hotel and Catering Management
- Certificate in Front Office Operations
- Certificate in Housekeeping
The certificate courses are a short-term course that is for 6 months to one year. One should be 10+2 passed from a recognized board.
List Of Hotel Management Courses After 12th
The hotel management courses after 12th are diverse and interesting which rewards the students with amazing employment opportunities across the globe.
Hotel Management Degree Courses After 12th
- BHM (Bachelor of Hotel Management)
- B.SC – Hotel Management
- BBA – Hotel Management
- BHMCT (Bachelor of Hotel Management and Catering Technology)
- B.Sc. in Hotel Management and Catering Technology
- B.Sc. – Hospitality and Hotel Administration
- B.Sc. in Catering Science And Hotel Management
- Bachelors in Hospitality Management
- BSC Hotel Management, Catering and tourism
- Bachelor of Hotel Management and Catering Technology (Lateral Entry)
- B.Sc in Culinary Arts
- B.Sc in Hotel and Catering Management
- B.Sc. Restaurant & Catering Management
- B.Com. + Diploma in Hotel Management Catering Technology and Tourism
- B.Sc. Hotel & Hospitality Management
- B. Sc. (Hons) In International Hospitality Management
- B.Sc. Resort & Event Management
- B.Sc. in Hotel Management (Lateral Entry)
- BA In Hotel And Event Management
To get admission in UG Course one must be 10+2 from a recognized board with 50 % marks and English as one of the subjects.
Hotel Management PG Courses After Graduation
- M.Sc. – Hotel Management
- MBA – Tourism and Hotel Management
- MBA in Hotel Management
- Master of Hotel Management
- P.G. Diploma in Hotel and Tourism Management
- PGD In Hotel Management
- M.Sc. in Hotel Management (Lateral Entry)
- M.Sc. – Food Service Management and Dietetics
- M.Sc in Hotel & Hospitality Management
- PGD in Hotel Management Catering & Tourism Technology
- M.sc. in Hospitality and Hotel Administration
- PG Diploma in Accommodation Operation and Management
- M.Sc. in Hotel Management, Catering Technology and Tourism
The education of hotel management courses after graduation teaches students the skills of management, tackling different responsibilities like reception and concierge services, restaurant and bar functions etc. While studying this course the students will get extensive opportunities to travel and see the working of many high-class hotels. we have mentioned the list of hotel management PG courses below – Eligibility Criteria for Hotel Management Courses If you think you can work in the hotel industry then you have to seek various hotel management courses and pick up one course that meets your requirement. There is a certificate, UG or PG courses available in the hotel management field that has following eligibility criteria:
Candidates must be graduate in a relevant discipline or any discipline depending on a type, of course, one is opting for. One should have secured 45 % marks in graduation.
List Of Top Hotel Management Colleges In India 2019
- Rizvi College of Hotel Management, Mumbai
- Institute of Hotel Management – [IHM], Gandhi Nagar
- Army Institute of Hotel Management & Catering Technology, Bangalore
- Institute of Hotel Management, Catering Technology and Applied Nutrition (IHM), Mumbai
- Amrapali Institute of Hotel Management, Haldwani
- Rayat Bahra University School of Hotel Management And Catering Technology, Mohali
- IHM, Pusa
- Shri Shakti College of Hotel Management, Hyderabad
- Desh Bhagat Institute of Hotel Management & Catering Technology, Gobindgarh
- VELS University, Chennai
High Package Job Oriented Hotel Management Courses
- BHM (Bachelor of Hotel Management)
- BBA in Hotel Management
- B.Sc. – Hotel Management and Catering Technology
- B.Sc. In Resort & Event Management
- MBA – Hotel Management
- Master of Hotel Management
- M.Sc. – Hotel Management, Catering Technology, and Tourism
There are many things that come under hotel management like hotel and restaurant management, cruise ship hotel management, hospital management, hospital administration and catering hotel and tourism associations, airline catering and cabin services, club management, forest lodges, guest houses, and others. Many international students are coming to do hotel management degree/diploma course. This provides not only a memorable experience but also a cultural exposure. This course also includes lodging related establishment along with hospitality like making this stream more effective and profitable.
Hotel Management Colleges List State Wise
- Hotel Management Colleges in Uttrakhand
- Hotel Management Colleges in Utter Pradesh
- Hotel Management Colleges in Rajasthan
- Hotel Management Colleges in Delhi
- Hotel Management Colleges in Karnataka
- Hotel Management Colleges in Tamil Nadu
- Hotel Management Colleges in Kerala
Hotel Management Colleges List City Wise
- Hotel Management Colleges in Dehradun
- Hotel Management Colleges in Lucknow
- Hotel Management Colleges in Delhi
- Hotel ManagementColleges in Noida
- Hotel Management Colleges in Mumbai
- Hotel Management Courses in Chennai
- Hotel Management Colleges in Pune
- Hotel Management Colleges in Bangalore
What is the cost of the Hotel Management Courses?
The fee of the course depends on the college in which one has taken admission. The hotel management courses fee depends on the type of college and course one has opted for. The fee varies from college to college. Like colleges in Bangalore costs around INR 3,50,000 for three years. Ina same way IHM, Chennai might cost around INR 37,500 per semester. Students who are not willing to pay a large number of fees can go for diploma courses from any top-notch institution. Skills Required for Doing Hotel Management Courses Students who are interested to build their career in the hotel management field should understand this field and prepare for various entrance exams. These entrance exams are conducted to get admission to various hotel management courses offered by best hotel management colleges. To have a firm career in this field one should possess the following qualities:
- Pleasing Personality
- Smart Communication Skills
- Leadership quality
- Should able to work in team or individual
- Should have practical exposure of working in the kitchen or any other areas related to hotel management.
How does this Industry work?
The term “Hotel Management” itself suggests that this field is all about the functioning of a hotel. What makes these 7 to 5 stars hotel a top-notch service provider? Basically, this industry works on how one can manage well in terms of facilities like food, lodging etc. This stream is all about how a hotel is managed from the time a guest arrives till his/her check out. The responsibilities that are being performed during guest stay in the hotel and all these are the part of hotel management. A hotel is not just about the ambiance or a cozy environment. It has many features that work together to make a great stay. It has many working aspects that ensure the comfort of the guests and their experience is first class then they might turn up again to the same hotel. Hotel Management includes the following:
Front Desk and Reception – When the guest arrives at the hotel it is the call of a front desk to welcome the guest and to handle the registration formalities. After this, the guests are escorted to their room by a lobby attendant, also known as “Bell Boy” in some hotels.
Concierge – This is desk near the entrance, inside the hotel lobby which is responsible for unloading, storing and leaving the guest baggage to their room. During check out, it’s a work of a concierge desk that collects baggage from a room and load on the guest’s vehicle.
Housekeeping – This department is responsible for cleaning all guest rooms, common areas, service areas, and lobbies.
Room Service – Delivering meals to the guests Is the job of room service. The collect dishes after the meal and ensures the guest’s comfort.
Food and Beverage – Management and maintenance of all the dining areas that include kitchen space, serving food and beverages to the guests. It is also responsible for maintaining the quality of food that attracts the guest to taste buds.
Guest Services – Guest Services includes services like managing services of the office like accessing computer, printer, scanner etc conference facilities, and banquet spaces for holding meetings and functions. All these come under guest services.
Travel Desk – A hotel has a guest service that is responsible for pick and drops from an airport, railway or any other particular location. It also includes ticketing, excursion planning and coordination of guests.
Health and Spa – Managing, maintaining and providing service to the guests at a salon, spa, gym, swimming pool etc comes under Health and Spa. The above-mentioned activities required hardcore training which is done under hotel management courses. It has various fields and the duration of the course is 3 to 4 years. Job Profiles After Completing Hotel Management Courses The field of hotel management is like any other sector influence the state or national or international economy. Currently, more than 2.40 million people are working in hotel, catering and related industry in India. As the number of hotels is increasing day by day, the jobs related to this industry is also increasing. The employers are looking for trained professionals in this field and are paying a decent amount to the deserving candidates. After doing hotel management courses whether UG, PG or diploma courses, their many job profiles that one can work as:
- Kitchen Stewarding Supervisor
- Assistant Manager /Restaurant Manager
- Guest Relation Executive (GRE)
- Assistant Manager Administration
- Assistant Guest Delight Manager
- Front Office Manager
- Restaurant Captain
- Housekeeping Associate/Team leader
- Convention Service Manager
Top Recruiters of Hotel Management Industry
After you complete the course, the main focus would be getting a job. Many renowned organizations conduct their placement drives in various Hotel Management colleges. These recruiters have certain test patterns and they offer jobs on the basis of the performance in the test. Some of the famous and classy recruiters which are also leading hotel groups are:
- Ambassador Group of Hotels
- Mansingh Group of Hotels
- Oberoi Group of Hotels
- Peerless Group of Hotels
- Sarovar Park Group of Hotels
- The Taj Groups of Hotel
- Le Meridien Group of Hotels
- Tulip Star Group of Hotels
- Welcome Heritage Group of Hotels
- ITC Group of Hotels
International hotels like Ramada, Hyatt, La Quinta, Marriot, Radisson etc also offers attractive career options for hotel management graduates.
Salary After Doing Hotel Management
Remuneration in this field depends on the type of course on has done and from which institution. It also depends on work experience, skills, and abilities. The starting salary of this industry is INR 20,000 and for diploma and certificate programs it is INR 8k to 10k initially. As your experience will grow, your salary will reach up to INR 1 lakh to 2 lakh P/M. Hotel management courses are developed on the motto of “smart work” as time is money in this industry and one who can make up to the time is the winner. To become successful one has to be sure with the skill sets that are needed in this area. It is always advised to take a particular career after knowing the pros and cons, growth prospects and other attributes. So if you are sure that you belong to this field then nothing going to stop you to achieve what you want.