Paramedical has become one of the popular fields in India. This is because it has open many routes to medical services. People who are attracted to the medical field and lifestyle of rush and hush can pick up this course. So if you are also the one who is interested in doing Paramedical course then this blog will surely help to solve all your queries. We have mentioned the list of paramedical courses, related colleges, their admission procedure and much more. Read the whole rich content below.
What Are Paramedical and Paramedics?
Meaning of Paramedical is ‘Along Side Medical Help’. It is related to services and professions which support medical work but do not require a proper MBBS degree. This includes:
- Radiography emergency first aid
These professional are termed as “Paramedics or Field Medics” whose main aim to provide medical services as soon as possible. Their duties are to take care of any medical emergencies inside or outside the hospital. They are further responsible to respond to urgent and non-urgent medical care request and apply basic and advanced knowledge to determine the patient’s physiological needs. They also look after the medication and make data of a patient after finding diagnose of a particular treatment. The paramedics also deal with severe emergencies in which they have to handle the case attentively.
There is a common miss conception in which term Paramedic is also considered for ambulance personnel. In some countries, there is an official difference between ambulance personnel and paramedics in which paramedics have additional qualifications and are accountable to the medical regulatory body.
Why Choose Paramedical Courses?
- The government has introduced a “National health Protection Scheme “under which there will be the demand for paramedics.
- Booming sector by 2020.
- Many Government job vacancies.
- Offer a good salary package.
Paramedical Courses List After 12th 2019
The paramedical sector offers Degree, Diploma & certificate courses for class 12th students. These courses provide excellent career opportunities for students, who want to make a career in the paramedical sector. We have listed down the top paramedical courses after 12th 2019 which can be joined through direct admission.
Paramedical Degree Courses 2019
If you are confused about which paramedical course to pick then given below is the list of paramedical courses after 12th science. Go through the list and choose your course accordingly.
- Bachelor of Physiotherapy
- B.Sc. in Medical Lab Technology
- B.Sc in Nursing
- B.Sc. in Optometry
- Bachelor of Radiation Technology
- Bachelor of Occupational Therapy
- B.Sc. in Medical Imaging Technology
- B.Sc Nuclear Medicine TechnologyB.Sc. in X-Ray Technology
- B.Sc. in Radiography
- B.Sc. in Dialysis Technology
- B.Sc. in Anaesthesia Technology
- B.Sc. in Audiology and Speech Therapy
- B.Sc in Respiratory Therapy
- B.Sc in Renal Dialysis Technology
- B.Sc. Perfusion Technology
- B.Sc. in Ophthalmic Technology
- B.Sc in Radiotherapy
- B.Sc in Critical care technology
- Bachelor of Naturopathy and Yoga Science
- B.Sc. in Medical Record Technology
- B.Sc. in OTT (Operation Theatre Technology)
Paramedical Diploma Courses 2019
Paramedical Diploma courses are generally are the kind of courses that help to upgrade your profile and professional experience. It generally lasts for 2 to 3 years. Students can choose their diploma courses from the below mentioned updated list.
- Diploma in Nursing Care Assistant
- Diploma in Operation Theatre Technology
- Diploma in Dialysis Technology
- Diploma in Medical Imaging Technology
- Diploma in Physiotherapy
- Diploma in Medical Laboratory Technology
- Diploma in OT Technician
- Diploma in X-Ray Technology
Paramedical Post-Graduate Courses 2019
After doing graduation in paramedical, students can pick post graduation course in a relevant stream. For this, they can select PG course form the list mentioned below.
- MD in Pathology
- Master in Physiotherapy – Sports Physiotherapy
- M.Sc. in Community Health Nursing
- M.Sc -Nursing in CHN
- Master in Physiotherapy (MPT)
- M.Sc. Medical Lab Technology
- P.G Diploma in Cardiac Technology
- MD in Radiodiagnosis
- PG Diploma in Anesthesiology
- M.Sc -Nursing (Paedritics Nursing)
- MD in Anaesthesia
- M.Sc -Nursing in OBG
- Master of Physiotherapy (Neurology)
- Post Graduate Diploma in Child Health
- M.Sc. in Pediatric Nursing
- M.Sc. in Obstetrics & Gynecology Nursing
- Post Graduate Diploma in Medical Radio-diagnosis (D.M.R.D.)
- Post Graduate Diploma in Anaesthesiology
- M.Sc. in Child Health Nursing
- M.Sc. in Psychiatric Nursing
- Post Graduate Diploma in Perfusion Technology
- M. Pharm. – Pharmaceutics
Paramedical Certificate Courses 2019
If you are looking for early employment opportunities in the field of paramedical then certificate courses will help you to provide fast professional growth. Students after 12th can pick any courses of their choice from a below-mentioned table.
- Certificate in HIV and Family Education
- Certificate in Nutrition and Childcare
- Certificate – Lab Assistant/Technician
- Certificate in Operation Theatre Assistant
- Certificate in ECG and CT Scan Technician
- Certificate – Home Based Health Care
- Certificate – Dental Assistant
- Certificate in Nursing Care Assistant
- Certificate in Rural Health Care
- Certificate in Dialysis Technician
- Certificate in X-Ray Technician
Top Paramedical Colleges List 2019
- All India Institute Of Medical Sciences – [AIIMS], New Delhi
- Doon Group of Colleges, Dehradun
- Christian Medical College – [CMC], Vellore
- Armed Forces Medical College – [AFMC], Pune
- Rajiv Gandhi Paramedical Institute, Delhi
- Maulana Azad Medical College – [MAMC], New Delhi
- Delhi Paramedical and Management Institute, Delhi
- St. Xavier’s College, Mumbai
- Dev Bhoomi Group of Institutions, Dehradun
- Guru Gobind Singh Indraprastha University – [GGSIPU], New Delhi
- Government Medical College – [GMC], Amritsar
How To Choose Best Paramedical College
If you are really interested in doing Paramedical course then the first step is to select the right college for yourself. To do that, you must do research keeping the following factors in mind.
- What is the ranking of the institute?
- What is the proximity?
- Our courses are approved by Medical Council of India or any other relevant organization?
- What are the types of practical facilities provides by the colleges?
- How is the fees structure of the course?
- Does college have experienced faculties?
- How is the placement status of the colleges?
- Do college offer seminars, workshop, an internship?
After considering all these pointers you will never lack at selecting the best college for yourself. We always advise our readers never to go for mouth advertising done by friends or other people this generally leads to miss conception and many students are not able to get a reality check of a particular college. So it is always recommended that one should do research at his/her end to prevent any kind of fraudulence. To make things easy for you we have mentioned the table of colleges that offer paramedical courses in India. You can go through the list of paramedical colleges and select accordingly.
Paramedical Colleges List State Wise:
- Paramedical Colleges Uttrakhand
- Paramedical Colleges Utter Pradesh
- Paramedical Colleges Rajasthan
- Paramedical Colleges Delhi
- Paramedical Colleges Karnataka
- Paramedical Colleges Tamil Nadu
- Paramedical Colleges Kerala
Paramedical Colleges List City Wise:
- Paramedical Colleges in Dehradun
- Paramedical Colleges in Lucknow
- Paramedical Colleges in Ghaziabad
- Paramedical Colleges in Noida
- Paramedical Colleges in Mumbai
- Paramedical Colleges in Chennai
- Paramedical Colleges in Pune
- Paramedical Colleges in Bangalore
What are Paramedical Courses?
As mentioned above paramedical courses generally related to the allied health sectors. After completing this course graduates can find good jobs opportunities in the government and private hospitals, government departments, and organizations that are actively working in health-related
activities. During paramedical courses, students are trained for facing any kind of medical emergencies and also trained for medical technician role in which they learn to use different medical machines. Paramedical courses are offered at degree, diploma and certificate level. These courses are of 6 months to 4years of duration. This stream has many sub-disciplines due to which students have a choice to make as per their interest. Students can go through the list of paramedical courses mentioned below.
Specializations in Paramedical Courses
Students can attain specialization in paramedical. This will enhance job probability along with knowledge and a person can set a firm career as a paramedic. One can look for specialization like:
Medical Emergencies– In this student will learn to deal with various emergencies that the human body can develop and learn about different techniques to handle them
Basic Life Support – This is a kind of course in which students will learn to deal with life-threatening injuries and kind of treatment given for various emergencies.
Pharmacology – This course is all about the study of drugs and action of the drug on the human body. Students learn the effect of a particular drug and are tasked with forming new drug that can deal combat health issues.
Note- Paramedical courses cannot be completed without practical exposures like live projects, internship in hospitals, dealing with live emergencies etc.
Paramedical Courses Admission
- Admissions in paramedical courses are done on the basis of the marks in 10+2 or graduation (PG courses).
- Some institution conducts their own entrance examination.
- The colleges also take a score of medical entrance examination at a state or national level.
- The admission will be followed by counselling.
- Admission will be given after full rechecking of the documents and eligibility criteria.
- Any false information will lead to rejection of the application.
- Students can apply online and offline by downloading the form which depends on the applying process of the college.
- Candidates must apply before the deadline of the registration form.
Minimum Qualifying Marks sheets/certificate.
- Caste certificate (if applicable)
- Certificate of disability (if applicable)
- Character certificate
- Transfer Certificate
- Affidavit for a gap (if any)
- Passport size photographs
- Other certificates as per university/college norms
- If applying for UG course candidates must be 10+2 from any recognized board.
- If applying for PG candidates must be graduate in a relevant discipline from a recognized board.
- Candidates must have PCMB or PCM as the subjects (depending on the course)
- Applicants must have scored minimum 50% or 45 % marks (for reserved category).
- Must have relevant working experience (for some paramedical course)
Paramedical Courses Subject Syllabus
As you know that there are many paramedical courses available by different colleges. The courses are offered in different streams so to get the basic idea about subjects and syllabus we have mentioned the syllabus of few paramedical courses that are as follows:
- X-Ray Technology
- X-Rays Features and Use
- Film and Digital Mammography
- Magnet Resonance Imaging
- Computerized Axial Tomography
- Human Anatomy
- Concepts of renal diseases
- Pharmacology related to dialysis Technology
- Human Anatomy
- Effects of Different sedatives on a human body
- Blood Fluids
- Muscle Function
- Basic Nursing
- Manual Therapy
- Exercise Therapy
Fees Structure of Paramedical Courses
The fees of paramedical colleges vary on the following factors.
- College Ranking
- College facilities
- If the college is private or government
If the college is providing any other extra facilities or not.
The basic tuition fees of paramedical courses generally start from 40,000 P/A and go till 2 lakh P/A. Students can pay their fees semester wise or yearly as per their requirement. Some colleges provide a scholarship to the category /meritorious students. They also provide bank loan facility to support hassle free education. Students having domicile of a particular course can ask for a concession that will go as per college rules and regulations.
Paramedical Courses Placement Status
Paramedical graduates get many opportunities to work in the private and government sectors. It has never-ending job opportunities as it is the fastest growing industry. It is estimated that the health care industry will reach profits up to USD 280 billion by 2020 as great discoveries are made every day. With these paramedical colleges are also upgrading their teaching methods so that students can get the best job in the industry. The salary ranges around 2.5 lakh to 10 lakh P/A (initially) and with the experience a person can earn up to 1 lakh p/m. Students get good placement on the basis of the following factors:
- Type of organizations
- Type of college one has done the course from.
- Performance in the placement test.
- Self Knowledge
Top Recruiters of Paramedical Courses
Below is the list of some top recruiters of paramedical courses.
- Apollo Hospital
- Fortis Hospital
- Artemis Hospital
- Columbia Asia Referral Hospital
- Max Super Specialty Hospital
- Manipal Hospital
- Nanavati Hospital
- Columbia Referral Hospital
- Max Cure Hospital
- Bill Roth Hospital
Paramedical Courses Job Designations
Once the students are done with paramedical courses they will be employed as per their specialization. They can work as professionals in government hospitals, private clinics, ambulances, and trauma centre. The job is 24*7 and is truly rewarding. A person has to be alert and on toes for this job. Some of the paramedical designations are:
- Ambulance Attendant
- Advanced Life support Paramedic
- Critical Care Paramedic
- Medical Assistant
- Dental Hygienists
FAQ’s of Paramedical Courses
Q1. How to get admission in paramedical course after 12th?
Ans. You can apply to the college of your choice in two ways:
- Merit Base
- State/national level paramedical entrance examination.
- Some colleges also conduct their own entrance examination.
Q2. Is there any entrance exam for admission to paramedical courses?
Ans. Paramedical entrances help the students to get in top paramedical colleges. For this one can give any of the following national/state examinations like
- IGNOU OPEN NET
- NEET PG
- EPSI National admission Test etc.
Q3. Is it important to meet the eligibility criteria?
Ans. Yes to get admission in a particular course candidate have to meet eligibility criteria.
Q4. Is direct admission possible in Paramedical courses?
Ans. Direct admission may or may not be possible as every college follow different rules and regulation for their intake in paramedical courses.
Q5. Is it important to give NEET for admission in Paramedical Courses?
Ans. No, there is no need to give NEET for paramedical courses as this examination is for the courses like MBBS, BDS, MDS, MD, and M.S.
Q6. List the best Paramedical courses in India.
Ans. List of some best paramedical courses in India are:
- B.Sc. in Operation Theatre.
- B.Sc. in X-Ray
- B.Sc. in Occupational Therapy
- B.Sc. in Anesthesia Therapy
- B.Sc. in Optometry
- Certificate in EGC Assistance
- Certificate in CT Scan Technician
- Certificate in MRI Technician
Q7. B. Pharma is a kind of Paramedical course?
Ans. No, B.Pharm is not a paramedical course.
Q8. Are there any colleges offering various paramedical courses and specialization?
Ans. There are many colleges that provide various courses and specializations. You can go through the list of paramedical courses given in this blog.
Disclaimer – This blog is written with best of our knowledge and research. Our aim is to provide maximum knowledge but the website is only a guide, ultimately you know best what works for you.