“Educate a girl and you will educate the generations”.
Scholarships for girl students in India have become a platform to encourage better education and career for girls. This has given them a sense of independence toward their future goals. Girls in India are yet to match male counterparts on different social parameter and education is helping them to achieve sound social status. With growing urbanization woman don’t lag behind men; in fact, they are now tremendously doing well in professionals and academics arena.
Scholarships for girls in India have motivated many females to pursue their dreams of education and make the best of every opportunity. There are many government and private organizations offering scholarships in the field of science, research, management, aviation hospitality and defence. To get more information read the complete article below.
What are Scholarships for Girl Students in India?
It is sad to a part that education is not properly channelled in India. This is because India is still facing illiteracy that has given rise of orthodox thinking in which girls are still restricted from their right to education. Another reason is poverty where educational developments of many children are being hampered. Seeing these serious issues the Indian government and other private organizations are offering various schemes to overcome these major concerns.
The scholarships that are offered by various organizations have many categories. One of the categories is made for girls/women. Under this scholarship, they will be provided financial assistance for their education. The scholarships will be given on the basis of needs and economic status of a person. One can apply for their concerned scholarship only when they will meet the eligibility criteria. In this write up we have listed some top scholarships for girls in India so that you should not be left with any sought of confusion. Go to our next section for the lists of girl’s scholarship in detail.
Scholarships For Girl Students In India List
Scholarships for girls are not confined to one or two. There are many scholarships that are exclusively for girls. Find your scholarship from the list given below in which we have mentioned eligibility criteria, important dates, rewards and much more.
Woman Tech Makers Scholars Program
About – Woman Techmakers Scholars program commonly known as Google Anita Borg Memorial Scholarship which offers financial support to undergraduate and graduates female students who have excellent academic records. It is a one-time scholarship given to those female candidates who have leadership quality and excellent academic record.
Female candidates pursuing undergraduate and graduate course in Computer Science, Computer engineering or related technical field. Candidates must have enrolled themselves in an accredited university. To apply for this scholarship one must have a strong academic background.
Application Period – Between April to May
How to Apply -Candidates can apply through womantechmakers.com
For any query mail– WTMScholars@google.com
Lady Meherbai D Tata Education Scholarship
About – This scholarship is provided by Tata Education Trust to the graduate women who are willing to pursue their higher studies from abroad university. Their stream of study under this program should be social work, social sciences, gender studies, education, child health, public health, rural development, Communication of development etc.
- Candidate must be a woman graduate who must be graduated from a renowned college/university.
- Should have an excellent academic record.
- Must have years of work experience in a relevant stream.
- Candidates can apply for higher education for the universities of the UK, US or Europe.
Rewards – Financial support for higher education.
How to Apply– Candidates can send their details to firstname.lastname@example.org
Application Period– March/April
Adobe Research Women-in-Technology Scholarship
About – It is a one-time scholarship to the female students who have enrolled themselves in undergraduate or masters program in the field of Computer science, computer engineering or related technical field.
- Full-time undergraduate or master’s student and should be in the current academic year.
- Must have an excellent academic background.
- Candidates must not have any close relative working in adobe.
- 10,000 USD along with one-year creative cloud subscription. Candidates will get an opportunity for an interview to work as an intern at Adobe.
Application Period –Between September to November
Prabha Dutt Fellowship
Prabha Dutt Fellowship offered by Sanskrit Pratishthan to mid-career woman journalists to help them to pursue their meaningful projects on the topic of contemporary relevance. Candidates can submit their project in Hindi, English or any regional language.
- Print Journalists who are a woman between 25 to 40 years of age.
10-month long fellowship with INR 1lakh given in two phases. Phase one in which candidates has to commence their project and second phase after complete report submission.
Application Period – Open all the year.
How To Apply– Candidates can send their application by post or email.
Scholarship for girl students after 12th
There are many scholarships for girls who have completed 12th and looking forward to taking admission in a good college. The purpose of the girl’s scholarship after 12th is to provide financial support for higher education. With these scholarships, girls can counter their financial constraints and pursue their academic dreams for a bright future. Given below is the list of Girl’s Scholarship who has just qualified 12th and willing to pursue their dreams of quality education.
|Name of Scholarship||Organization||Application Period|
|Santoor Women’s Scholarship||Wipro Consumer Care and Wipro Cares||October/September|
|Pragati Scholarship – AICTE SSCGC||All India Council of Technical Education||November /December|
|Begum Hazrat Mahal National Scholarship||Funded by Govt of India and implemented by Maulana Azad Foundation||August /September|
|L’Oreal India for young women in Science Scholarship||L’Oreal India||June to July|
|Scholarship for Single Girl Child||CBSE||October to November|
|Abhilasha Scholarship||EROS Group||August|
Scholarships for girl students in India have acted as a support to every girl student who is determined to achieve her academic dream. The scholarships have made them aware of their educational rights and also thought to develop their lives in a more refined manner.
Santoor Women’s Scholarship
- Girls students of Andhra Pradesh, Karnataka and Telangana
- Passed 12th form a government school
- Must have enrolled in 3 years graduate program.
- Selected candidates will be given INR 24,000 per annum till the time course is not over.
Pragati Scholarship – AICTE SSCGC
- Applicants must be girl child in the first year of diploma/degree course from AICTE approved college /institute through admission process of central/state government.
- Annual Income should not be more than 8 lakh P/A
- Actual tuition fee amount or cash INR 30,000 along with INR 200 per month for months.
Begum Hazrat Mahal National Scholarship
- Girl students studying in class 9th to 12th
- They must have scored minimum 50% mark in last qualifying examination
- The girl should belong to any minority class Muslim, Christian, Sikh, Buddhist, Jain and Parsi.
- Family income should be not more than 2 lakh from all the sources.
- Students will be given tuition fee allowance and maintenance allowance.
L’Oreal India For Young Women In Science Scholarship
- Only Girl students of science stream in 12th with 85% marks in PCM/PCB
- Must be in the first year of graduation under session 2019-20
Should be 18 years of age as on 13st /5/2019
- The annual income of parent should be INR 4lakh p/a from all the sources
- Amount up to INR 2.5 lakh will be given in instalment annually.
Scholarship For Single Girl Child
- Girl child scoring 60% in class 10th.
- Must be pursuing 11th and 12th from CBSE School.
- Tuition fee should not be more than 1500 per month
- Scholarship amount up to INR 500 per month for two years
- Girl Student studying in class 9th to 12th
- Must have scored 75% marks in the previous grade.
- Annual income must not exceed more than 3 lakh.
Students will be given INR 5000 which is a onetime amount.