There are many Scholarships for graduate students in India. If you have just completed your 12th and looking for scholarships then this blog will help you every relevant detail that you are looking for. Read the complete write up below.
What Scholarship for Graduate Students In India?
Scholarships for graduate students are basically for the students who have just passed 12th and willing to pursue their higher students. These scholarships are open in various forms i.e. it is disseminated on the basis of:
- Merit Cum Means
- Talent Based
- Sports-Based etc.
They are further applicable o the basis of caste, creed, category, and gender. The main purpose of every scholarship is to provide financial help to the needy candidates and to deal with drop out issues.
Graduate scholarships have become access for students who want to pursue their dreams in the form of a good career. Students looking for a graduate scholarship can now easily get an education because there are many government and private organizations that are supporting education under cooperate social responsibility.
List Of Scholarships For Graduates Students In India 2019
As mentioned that there are many graduate scholarships in India. With the high cost of education in India, many students fail to get complete education after 12th. To overcome this issue, the Government of India has flourished many scholarships for graduate students, which is given below –
M- Scholarship invites all the eligible students to apply for this scholarship. It is being offered by Magma Fincorp. To 50 undergraduate students who have scored a minimum 80% marks in their 12th examination.
- The Applicants must be 15 to 20 years of the age.
- Must be Indian national.
- Family income should be less than INR 10,000 per month.
- Must have obtained 80% in class 12th arts stream and 85% in commerce/science stream.
- Scholarship amount of INR 20,000 to 50,000 per annum.
Siemens Scholarship Program
Siemens Scholarship is a small initiative taken by Siemens, India to support 1st year engineering students. The main aim of a scholarship is to support meritorious students who are willing to pursue their higher students with serious interest.
- Be a first-year student of a government engineering college.
- Must study in B.Tech 1st year
- Must have scored minimum 50% marks in class 12th and 60% in PCM.
- The scholarship includes tuition fee reimbursement with books, stationary allowances etc.
Tentative Deadline To Apply
- 27th August – 2019
Post Matric Scholarship Scheme For Minorities
Post Matric Scholarship Scheme for Minorities is given to provide financial assistance to the students of minority class from 11th to PhD. This scholarship is offered by the Ministry of Minority Affairs, Government of India.
- Students studying in class 11, 12, graduate, postgraduate, vocational courses or technical
- Must have scored minimum 50% marks in 10+2 or any other last qualifying exam.
- Student’s family income should be not more than 2 lakh P/A.
- Must be minority community (Muslim, Sikh, Christian, Buddhist, Jain and Zoroastrian /Parsi )
- The scholarship includes admission fee, tuition fee and maintenance allowance.
Tentative Deadline To Apply
- 1st October 2019
HDFC Educational Crisis Scholarship
HDFC Educational Crisis Scholarship is mean based scholarship by HDFC bank to provide financial support to the students of class 6th to 12th, graduation and post graduation. The scholarship is assisted by the Educational Crisis Scholarship Support (ECSS) programme.
- Candidates pursuing UG/PG degree or diploma courses part-time or full-time basis from AICTE /UGC/State Central government recognized college.
- Candidates who are not able to afford their education and are under risk of dropping out.
- Scholarship Amount up to INR 25,000
Last Date To Apply
- In the month of July/August.
Scholarship in India for Undergraduate 2018-19
The many myths about scholarship for graduate students in India which have restricted them to apply for existed schemes. These myths are:
- Scholarships are only for the students who are from a weak background.
- Scholarships are only for meritorious students.
- The amount of scholarship is not worth the efforts of the students.
- Applying for graduate scholarships is a long process and has a lot of many guidelines.
Graduate scholarships are easy to apply and with an amount for these scholarships are not limited. It includes other allowances which can be book allowance, additional charges during a course and much more. We suggest students apply for their relevant graduate scholarship and take maximum benefits for their education. To help students to make best out of every opportunity we have listed some popular graduate scholarships. With the list, we have also mentioned eligibility criteria, important dates, rewards and every detail that will help you to get close to your education dream.